I love the crazy idiosyncrasies of English.
Some of my favourite answers:
- Why are the vowels in 'Christ' and 'Christmas' pronounced differently?
- Why is 'lieutenant' pronounced with an F in British English?
- Meaning of “bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-nuk!”
- Explanation of silent 'g' in paradigm
- Why there are three different sounds for -ed?
- Why does “signature” have a “g” sound but “sign” doesn't?
- Why is the spelling of colonel different from its pronunciation?
- Cellar door - the most beautiful English word?
- Spellings of 'utility' and 'purveyance' in Middle English
- wHaT iS tHiS kINd oF cApITaLisAtIoN caLLeD?
- Hoose meaning house?
My favourite soundtrack is 'Braveheart'
Earth... I guess
Member for 2 months
8 profile views
Last seen Nov 5 at 12:33