It's difficult not to notice that the vast majority of heroes in Atlas Shrugged are unmarried and have no kids.
- Dagny Taggart - unmarried, no kids
- John Galt - unmarried, no kids
- Francisco - unmarried, no kids
- Hugh Akston - unmarried, no kids
- Ellis Wyatt - unmarried, no kids
- Quentin Daniels - unmarried, no kids
- (many others)
There are a few notable exceptions:
- Rearden is married but his wife is a malicious looter and his brother is a mooch and a weasel.
- Ragnar Danneskjöld is married to Kay Ludlow, and there are a few children in the valley.
But there is certainly a trend and commonality that the heroes don't have families. Why is this? Is Rand anti-family? We know she was happily married, but I believe had no kids. Perhaps family connections in Atlas would have presented plot difficulties? Is she making a statement that families get in the way of industrial achievement?