I read the synopsis of this book a number of years and have since been unable to remember the title or author. Searching of likely options have been unsuccessful.
I remember the following details:
- It is about a community that is, I think, sealed within a single block of flats.
- At first, this place has everything that people could want, up to and including a school.
- At some point resources begin to become scarce and this leads to residents fighting and the society crumbling.
- I think there was something about a lot of fighting occurring between the residents of the various floors, as in they had formed pseudo-tribes.
- I think it might have been part of the golden age of scifi, but possibly not.
Is anybody able to identify the story?