I read a book a while ago - I remember enjoying the read (I think it was intended to be humorous). I'm pretty sure it was a short story.
I must have read it in the last ten years, and there is a high chance it is therefore a children's book, but I'd still like to find out the name, and would be grateful if someone could do so. My google searches so far have come out with nothing.
Here's what I can remember:
- It was about a young man who is about to marry a woman
- The woman does something very stupid, I think involving a barn/mill and an axe, hammer or saw, and starts crying because she thinks her children will get hurt (I seem to remember her telling others and they start crying too).
- The man tells the woman that if he can find three people more stupid he will marry her, and sets out on a journey.
- The first person more stupid hangs his trousers on a door handle and tries to jump into them.
- I can't remember what the second person does
- The third group of people think the moon has fallen into their lake and are trying to fish its reflection out with a net.
- The man returns and marries the woman.
I can't remember anything about the title or author, but I hope this should be enough information for someone to find it. Thanks to anyone who tries!