I'm looking for a book I read sometime about 2008-2015, although the book itself is probably older.
- There is a woman who's a nudist but only at home (possibly just because of the weather where she lives).
- She has a sort of short dance she calls the 'question mark', which she performs for another character.
- She is disappointed that he doesn't understand it, and leaves him tied to the bed in an abandoned house.
- Some time later a parachutist encountering some difficulty falls on the roof of the house
- This may have led to the discovery and rescue of the tied-up character, but I think it more likely caused their death from the ceiling collapse
- Therefore there was a confusing scene for the police to find.
- The woman might have a distinctive or interesting job that she nonetheless thinks of as 'just a job'.
It's not impossible that I'm conflating two characters here, a mother and daughter, for the woman character
It's a long shot because they may very well be different books, but I also remember a book from the same sort of time featuring a passage about the benefits of sex with gas masks and rubber sheets. The cover was light blue or white with a blurry naked woman. But like I say, I'm not at all sure that's the same one.