I read this book (in English) 10+ years ago at a library and now I can not for the life of me remember the title.
Plot things that I remember
For the first book:
- In the first book, there are two groups of hobbit-like people.
- The first group live like us in houses and have schools.
- The second group all live together in one group under a tree (I believe)
- This group has horrible names, like Grub.
- One member of the second group is a young girl who tricks a boy from the first into believing she's part of his group.
For the second book:
- One of the boys meets a human boy
- This is bad because humans cannot usually see them.
- There is also a scene where the boy from the first book is standing near a pond in a cave. He talks to someone on the other side who he thinks is the young girl. He asks what colour her bedroom is. The voice says yellow, but that is wrong because she always says it's blue with yellow.
That's all I really remember, I think there was something about clocks in the second book but I'm not sure. I've tried looking in the library where I first read it but I think it may have been removed.
Any help at all would be much appreciated.