I have a book from 1989 that I inherited recently. The cover and some of the pages have these dark stains and/or mold. It does not seem to have a bad odor (as far as I can tell).
- Is it possible to clean this book to remove the stains/mold?
- If so, how can I clean this as DIY at home?
- How can I prevent the stain/mold from spreading?
If need be, I might be willing to consider a professional job, if such a thing exists. I know there's book repair but from what I found, they seem to focus on binding. And Google tends to return results on carpet cleaning (sometimes Google is strange)
- Are there professionals that will do this?
- If there are book cleaning professionals, what kind of cost can I expect?
- If there are book cleaning professionals, is it actually worth it? More specifically, are they likely to do a better job than I can at home?