(Throughout this question, by 'English' I only mean the 'language English'.)
I remember from my childhood an English-language poem from a middle/high school general English textbook (India).
I can only recollect following information about that poem:
- Language - English
- Genre - Comedy or little childish
- I read it in an old general English textbook of middle/high school (India) around 10-12 years ago.
- The poem is about a joker (I'm not sure if he's really a joker or just a man being funny) with disorganized attire
- That man is was wearing a cooking pan as hat
- He was wearing (probably) socks as gloves
- He was travelling in a train or tram and left his station behind. (When he asks someone which station the train had reached he got shocked to hear the name of the station as he left his station behind.)
I guess this poem must be at least 2-3 decades old (or more) (since it mentions train / tram it must belong to 19th or 20th century).
Please tell me name of the poem or poet if anyone remembers such poem.