A few details of this book that I remember include:
- A specific type of parchment was purchased to forge either the Constitution or Declaration of Independence. This parchment was old enough to fool carbon dating.
- A man urgently needed money for a bus ticket and traded his expensive watch for that money.
- There might have been some type of plastic surgery on someone's face to change his or her identity.
- I think this was set in either the United States or another English speaking country like England.
- I think there was a part with a woman on a train or a bus who was being sexually harassed by some (possibly British) men who said something along the lines of "I like black birds".
- I read this around 9 years ago and at the time thought it was a very well-known book.
I have been wondering what this was called for years and I would appreciate it if someone could figure it out.